Here are some of the old 498A bail orders of the Delhi HC. You can see how frivolous some of these 498A complaints are. The reason for collecting these bail orders is primarily to show the stupidity of the prevailing situation in our country. This is a tiny fraction of some of the old bail orders from just one High Court of our country. Can you imagine the scale of the abuse of this law happening across the rest of the country?
Think of the local courts, district courts, High Courts and the cases that reach the Supreme Court. Think of the court time wasted in processing these frivolous cases. Think of the lives destroyed of ordinary citizens entangled in the slow Indian criminal justice system, due to badly framed and implemented laws such as 498A.
Do you think a real victim of dowry harassment can get justice if her complaint lands among this pile of frivolous complaints? Who would have the time to investigate her complaint and bring the culprits to justice? The cops won’t. The courts are choking with frivolous complaints that it will take ages before her case concludes.
Under these circumstances, Justice will be delayed and in such circumstances, justice is denied.
- The nature and gravity or seriousness of accusation as apprehended by the applicant;
- The antecedents of the applicant including the fact as to whether he has, on conviction by a Court, previously undergone imprisonment for a term in respect of any cognizable offence;
- The likely object of the accusation to humiliate or malign the reputation of the applicant by having him so arrested; and
- The possibility of the appellant, if granted anticipatory bail, fleeing from justice.
Most of the following bail orders are by Justice Pradeep Nand Rajog.
You can read about him here: http://delhihighcourt.nic.in/pra_rajog.htm
All the bail orders are in pdf format:
- Bail Denied To 498A Accused. Trend Noted
- Bail For In-Laws Of Deceased
- Bail For Mother In Law Of Deceased
- Bail For Sister In Law Of Deceased
- Bail Granted Airline Baggage Case
- Bail Granted General Complaints
- Bail Granted Hubby Disappears
- Bail Granted-Hubby Gives Maintenance
- Bail Granted-Saudi Arabia
- Bail Granted-Wishy Washy Complaint
- Bail Granted-Blue Films
- Bail Granted-Kerosene-Hubby-Ready-To-Reconcile